Today we are going to debate.
You will be divided in two teams.
One team will argue in favour of Animal Testing, then other will argue against it.
Each team will have two speakers.
Each speaker will be able to talk 3 minutes to support his/her resolution.
You will use Ethos, Logos and Pathos in your speeches:
You will find material to prepare the debate by clicking on this link: “Should Animals Be Used for Scientific or Commercial Testing?” .
Watch the videos of the debate speeches and evaluate for each speaker the if the level of Ethos, Logos and Pathos they expressed was above or below average.
– Who expressed the highest level of Pathos?
– Who expressed the highest level of Ethos?
– Who expressed thr highest level of Logos?
– Which team won the debate?
– What does “winning a debate” mean?
– Can you convince people of your ideas? How?